Some folks were having a bit of a problem with Discord recently. As a user of Discord myself, I know how useful it is as a way to communicate with others to play games, as well as a way to chat about the games we’re playing. In fact, I used Discord all the time for myself as well as to help other users with their games. It seems that those using Discord were having a bit of a problem with it recently, though.
Should you be playing games with others on the same PC, the game may start to lag, or you may even notice that the game is displaying inaccuracies. This article will teach you how to fix the common error that relates to using Discord’s RTC (Reliable Transport Control), as well as how to avoid getting this error in the first place.
In a recent collaboration between myself, Hyun Hye-Sung, and a few other engineers, we have managed to fix a bug in Discord that was causing a lot of issues. This bug was called Error 2026, and it was causing a lot of issues. What it did was send a message to everyone in your server, and if you were a developer you would also get a notification in Discord about the error. This error was causing a lot of problems for many different people, so we decided to fix it.
Discord is your go-to chat software, but it’s a pain when you enter a channel and get the No Route warning, which prevents you from chatting to your pals while you’re gaming.
It’s a frequent problem, so don’t worry; I’ve looked into it and discovered a few solutions to help you solve it and go back on Discord to speak to your pals.
Why does Discord claim that there isn’t a route?
If the IP address given to Discord has changed or if Discord is banned in your region, Discord displays the No route warning because third-party applications or antivirus running in the background prevent Discord from connecting to an external server.
Continue reading because I am going to assist you in immediately resolving this issue.
Take a look at some fun Discord commands for your server.
Discord No Route Error: 7 Solutions
I came up with a list of seven solutions to this problem. Check your connection settings before trying them out, and utilize Discord in your browser to do so.
Have you been banned from Discord? Check read our other article on how to get rid of Discord IP bans.
If it still doesn’t work, try the solutions to see if the issue can be fixed and you can be free of the nuisance it creates.
The methods to resolve the no route issue on Discord are as follows:
1. Restart your computer and router.
A dynamic IP address that changes often breaking an IPv6 connection may cause certain system resources to get trapped. To fix the No route issue in Discord, you’ll need to update the IP address on your device.
Also, if you want to spice up your discord chat messages, check out our discord text formatting tutorial.
This may be done by restarting your computer and router, then checking whether you can connect to the Discord server.
2. Disable Discord’s Quality of Service
This Discord feature enables for packet prioritizing while being transmitted; many voice apps utilize this to improve quality and minimize delays. For some people, disabling this function has addressed the problem, so let’s have a look.
Check read our other article on how to solve Discord Screen Share Audio Issues.
Here’s how to turn off Quality of Service in Discord:
- Launch Discord and, in the left bottom corner of your screen, click the settings button beside your username.
- Select Voice & Video under APP SETTINGS.
- The tab Quality of Service may be found by scrolling down.
- If it is not off, click the Toggle for Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority to turn it off.
- On Discord, check whether the No Route error still exists.
3. Turn off the VPN.
Discord doesn’t work properly with VPNs that don’t support the User Datagram Protocol for connections. Discord is compatible with VPNs that support this functionality.
If you’re like me and don’t want to switch or search for a new VPN, just deactivate it and check Discord to see if it still says No route.
If you’re having trouble hearing individuals on Discord, see our separate article.
If you must use a VPN, inquire about the UDP function and how to utilize it with your VPN provider. If it doesn’t, look for another VPN that supports UDP.
4. In Discord, change the server.
If your server is in a distant location and your internet is sluggish, you may have a problem. The farther away it is, the more ping problems there are. You just need to change the region fic this issue.
To change the server in Discord, you must have administrator rights.
If you use AirPods, you should be interested in learning how to solve AirPods won’t function on Discord.
Here’s how to update your Discord server:
- Go to your server in Discord by launching it.
- Select the down-facing arrow next to the server’s name.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the server option.
- If the Overview Tab is not chosen, choose it from the left panel.
- Choose the server that is closest to you by clicking Change under Server region.
- Restart Discord and see whether the No route message remains.
5. Remove anti-virus software from your computer.
Antivirus software on your computer may prevent Discord from transmitting packets. It’s possible that uninstalling the antivirus from your PC will solve the problem.
Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on how to repair screen sharing on Discord that isn’t functioning.
Here’s how to remove third-party antivirus software:
- In your Windows search bar, type Add or delete applications and choose the option that appears.
- Scroll down to the Antivirus section and click it.
- Wait for it to uninstall after clicking uninstall.
- Restart your computer, open Discord, and try to connect to a voice server.
6. Adjust Firewall Preferences
Because the Firewall regulates the flow of Internet packets via your system, the settings must be correct or the Discord packets will be blocked. This may be the source of the no-route problem. All you have to do now is verify whether your firewall allows Discord to connect, and if it doesn’t, fix it.
So, no alerts appear in your Discord? Check read our helpful article on how to repair discord alerts that aren’t functioning.
Here’s how to check the settings on your Firewall.
- In your Windows search box, type Control panel and choose the first item that appears.
- Under System and security, choose Windows Defender Firewall.
- From the left panel, choose Allow an app or feature via Windows Defender Firewall.
- On the top, choose the Change settings option.
- Select Discord from the list and check both the Public and Private boxes.
- Allow another app if Discord isn’t showing up in the list.
- After selecting browse, you can either add the directory to Discord or locate it in the list.
- Then press the OK button.
- Start Discord and see whether the issue still exists.
7. Replace the current IP address with a new one.
If your system utilizes DHCP, the issue may potentially be caused by changing IP addresses. Because each PC has its unique address, you may try updating it manually.
If you’re a total novice, you should read our guide on how to activate Discord’s push-to-talk feature.
On Windows, here’s how to renew your IP address:
- In the Windows search box, type cmd and choose the command prompt option.
- In the command prompt, type the command ipconfig/release. This disables the IP address you were using.
- Type the command ipconfig/renew to assign yourself a new IP address.
- Check whether you can connect to a voice server using Discord.
On a Mac, here’s how to renew your IP address:
- On the Apple menu, choose System Preferences and then Network.
- Select the Network service that requires a new IP address from the list on the left.
- Select TCP/IP from the advanced menu.
- Then, for a new IP address, select Renew DHCP Lease.
- Check to see whether the Discord Voice channel is currently operational.
In Discord, there’s a lot of ice checking.
When attempting to join to a voice channel on Discord, the Ice checking notice appears, indicating that your network is causing Discord problems. This error disables most of Discord’s chat capabilities, which is unpleasant even if it doesn’t happen very frequently. It’s comparable to Discord’s No Route issue.
Better Discord has finally listened to the needs of its users and implemented this fantastic feature to their software.
Don’t panic; there are a number of solutions you may attempt, the most of them are identical to the ones for The No Route Error.
Here’s how to solve Discord’s Ice checking error:
1. Turn off VPN.
You may either disconnect from the VPN, which is why your IP address keeps changing and creating this problem, or use another VPN if you want to remain concealed and conduct your business in secret.
2. Restart your PC as well as your router.
You may try turning off your computer and network if you don’t use VPN. After that, try Discord to see whether the Ice checking notice still appears. You’d be surprised how often the “ON-OFF” technique works.
Use some of the finest voice-changing applications for Discord to wow your pals.
3. Turn off Qos
If none of the above worked, you may try turning off Discord’s Quality of Service feature, which enables priority-based package transit across your network.
Here’s how to disable QoS:
- On Discord, go to your User settings.
- Select Voice & Video option from the panel on the left.
- Locate the Quality of Service tab.
- Toggle it off by clicking the toggle.
- Check Discord to check whether the issue is still present.
4. Check with your network provider to see if Discord is blocked.
If authorities restrict access to discord on a school or workplace network, you will be unable to utilize it. Inquire with the administrator to see whether this is the cause of the problem.
5. Turn off your computer’s antivirus software.
Antivirus software is in charge of packet processing on your network, therefore it’s possible that it’s the source of the problem.
Here’s how to uninstall antivirus software from your PC.
- To uninstall a program, go to your control panel and choose Uninstall a Program.
- Select your antivirus from the drop-down menu and click it.
- Then, at the top of the list, choose Uninstall.
- To remove it, follow the steps below.
- Check whether Discord voice works without displaying this issue after rebooting your computer.
6. On Discord, change the voice region.
Using a distant server may create this problem; all you have to do is switch to a server that is closer to you.
Here’s how to change your Discord region:
- Launch Discord and choose your server.
- Near the server’s name, click the bottom-facing arrow.
- From the drop-down menu, choose a server configuration.
- Choose the nearest server by selecting the Change option beneath the Server region.
- Save the file and see whether the ice checking notice still appears.
Discord rtc connection problem fix
When you attempt to connect to a phone chat on Discord, you’ll see Rtc Connecting. This may happen for a variety of reasons, including a bad network connection, using a VPN without UDP, server problems, or an antivirus blocking.
Although they are inconvenient, they are not insurmountable. To repair it, try the solutions listed below.
Here are several options for resolving the RTC Connecting Error:
1. Restart all of your gadgets.
Restarting the devices is a straightforward solution to most connectivity problems. Rtc connection may be caused by a dynamic IP address, which can be resolved by restarting your PC, modem, and network. If the issue continues, contact your network provider and request a static IP address as well as an update to your IP address.
Try connecting to the Voice channel or a call on Discord.
2. Double-check your VPN.
Although a VPN may provide you with more privacy and a better overall internet experience, it can also create problems since it changes your IP address, and Discord does not appear to function well with VPNs.
However, if your VPN supports UDP (User Datagram Protocol), which reduces data exchange delays, providing a quicker connection will not be an issue.
You’ll have to uninstall your VPN if it doesn’t offer this functionality. Restart your computer after uninstalling and see if you can make a voice call.
3. Switch to a new server region
It’s possible that the issue is caused by problems with the current server region you’re utilizing. If it doesn’t work, try a another server region.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Using the gear icon beside the server, launch Discord and navigate to the server settings. Name.
- Under the Server region, choose Change Button.
- Choose a different server region from the drop-down menu.
- Save the file and see whether you can make a Discord voice call.
4. Discord’s Quality-of-Service option should be disabled.
You may fix this problem by deactivating Discord’s Qos, which prioritizes the transit of packages across your network.
Here’s how to turn off Qos in Discord:
- By selecting the gear icon next to your user’s name, you may access Discord’s settings.
- Click on the Voice & Video from the left panel.
- Locate the Enable Service Quality Disable the high packet priority option.
- Save the file and check to see whether the problem has been addressed.
5. In Discord, use the legacy subsystem.
This step has worked for many individuals who have had this problem, so give it a go.
The legacy subsystem may be enabled in the following way.
- Go to the settings in the left corner of the screen after launching Discord.
- Click on Voice & Video under the APP setting.
- The Audio subsystem should be set to legacy.
- Save the file and see whether you can make a voice call.
It’s annoying when you can’t join a gaming session with your friends because of these problems, so maybe one of these methods works for you. If none of them did, try contacting the Discord staff with your problem, and they’ll respond.
If you found this information useful, please share it with your friends and family who may be experiencing similar problems.
One of the main issues with having members of your Discord server play on different computers is that they may run into trouble. Whether it’s Windows 10 crashing, Discord not taking over, or issues with the game’s configuration or network, I’ve found that problems are rampant for anyone using Discord on Windows.. Read more about discord no route reddit and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix RTC no route Discord?
If you are having trouble connecting to your Discord server, please try the following steps.
1) Open up your Discord app on your computer and go to the settings menu by clicking on the cog in the top-right corner of the window.
2) Click on Network and then Test Network Connections.
3) You should see a list of servers that are currently online. If you dont, click on Add Server and enter in your server
Why is my RTC not connecting Discord?
Discord is a third-party application that requires the use of an RTC. The RTC may not be connecting to your computer or it may be having issues communicating with Discord.
Why is my Discord showing no route?
This is due to the Discord server not being connected to the game. You will need to connect your Discord account with your PSN account in order for this issue to be resolved.
May not look like but definitely a big tech addict. Tech blogger since graduating in her home town in Esbjerg. Loves long bike rides across the country.