Currently, betting on esports competitions has become very popular among bettors. Most modern betting companies accept bets on esports. In addition, according to the analytics, bets on esports exceed the number of bets made on traditional sports. More and more gamblers become fans of esports. So, if you are fond of soccer, for example, why not try something new and place a bet on esoccer battle?
Esports and Traditional Sports: Main Differences
The procedure for placing bets is identical in both cases; that is, the bettor chooses a specific event, discipline, odds, and bet size. The key differences are visible in the features of conducting matches and competitions. They are the following:
- Esports has an unfixed schedule of games.
- The tournament can be postponed or cancelled.
- A team can win more than once.
- In the case of LAN tournaments, various technical nuances may arise, for example, many hours of delays. (LAN games take place at a certain place (stadium, club, pavilion), where the opponents are on the same territory and can see each other).
- Unexpected shifts in the schedule due to fluctuations in the duration of matches (taking into account their format, they can last from half an hour to five hours).
- Matches are held all over the world, so they start within local time.
When compared with traditional sports betting, bets on cyber events differ in lower limits. At the same time, the direction is considered innovative, so not all BC is able to analyze it correctly. The most significant difference is considered to be the greater number of unique bets. In esports, you can bet not only on the basic outcome but also on the nuances that take place during the matches.
Esports and Traditional Sports: Pros and Cons
Both esports and traditional sports have both advantages and disadvantages:
Sports Betting Pros
- Very widespread in all BC;
- Wide payline;
- Extensive coverage on TV, in the media, on the Internet.
Sports Betting Cons
- Long duration of matches in some sports (baseball, American football, snooker).
Esports Betting Pros
- It is gaining popularity every year; the industry is constantly growing;
- Broadcasts for almost every match;
- Short-term matches.
Esports Betting Cons
- You can bet not in all BC;
- The number of disciplines, matches, and lines is often scant;
- It is difficult to bet on esports if you do not have experience.
Esports and traditional sports betting have their own advantages and drawbacks. It all depends on your preference what betting type to choose. It is recommended to choose the betting platforms that offer both a lot of possibilities for traditional sports betting as well as esports betting options.