Discord is a free voice and text chat app for gamers. It replaces text based text chat features such as Skype and TeamSpeak, as well as voice chat features such as Ventrillo and Mumble. Originally intended as a tool for gaming communities, the app has grown to include a wide variety of features. Discord is a free app for Android and iOS, and is available for computers as a browser-based client.
Discord is a recently released Voice Communication app designed to replace Skype, Teamspeak/Mumble, and other similar apps. It is currently being tested for a public release on Steam, but you can also download it from their website for free. Discord is a voice communication program that is designed to replace Skype, Mumble, and other similar programs. Discord allows you to make and join secure voice and text chat channels to communicate with people all over the world.
We came here today not to complain about discord but to celebrate its birthday. Discord is the world’s most popular chat app for gamers, and you’ve almost certainly heard of it. With over 10 million users and a 4.8 star rating on the App Store, Discord is a great option for coordinating and talking to your friends and playing games.
If you’re having trouble communicating with your Discord friends because you can’t hear them, this article will assist you in resolving the issue.
In this article, I’ll walk you through a number of actions to help you solve problems like can’t hear people in discord and others.
And if you just need to do it once, you won’t have to deal with the issue again.
Also, see how to solve no sound on discord streaming.
Why can’t I hear what others are saying on discord?
Inappropriate audio settings on your Audio Device are one of the major reasons why you can’t hear anybody on Discord. Discord audio not functioning will be observed often due to Discord upgrades and issues.
Because of the aforementioned causes, the Discord can’t hear anybody problem is quite frequent.
Discord audio problems, on the other hand, may be resolved in a matter of minutes.
To fully eliminate discord screen share audio problems, you just need to be very cautious and follow the instructions in this article.
What to Do If You Can’t Hear Anyone
If you can’t hear anybody on Discord, the first thing you should do to ensure good discord voice chat outcomes is to double-check your headphone/microphone connection.
If the discord no one can hear me problem occurs, your main job is to verify that their jacks are firmly linked to your PC’s audio input and output ports.
If you’re wearing a gaming headset and can’t hear what’s being said on Discord, check the mute button on both the input and output. It should be turned off.
Learn how to use Discord’s rhythm feature for a better music experience while talking.
Check to see whether their drivers have been updated to the most recent versions.
You may also use the software audacity or make internet calls to verify your microphone testing.
1. Limit the use of other voice-deafening apps.
If you’re having trouble hearing on Discord, turn off any software that’s linked to voice recording or calling. Then see whether the issue has been resolved.
These kinds of applications tend to wreak havoc on Discord’s carefully tuned audio infrastructure, resulting in issues such as the discord audio not functioning issue.
2. Provide Proper Audio Output & Input Settings
If your input and output Audio Settings are incorrect, Discord will be unable to hear others.
Discord’s audio tuning tool is incredible.
Do you want to know what the greatest part is?
You may change the audio to suit your requirements.
Here’s how to utilize Discord’s correct sound input/output settings:
1. In the discord app, browse to User Settings by clicking on the icon next to your avatar’s picture in the bottom right corner. On the left side menu, you’ll see Voice & Video, click on it.
2. Select Reset Voice Settings at the bottom of the page.
3. In the drawer style options, double-check that you’ve selected the proper input and output devices.
4. Finally, choose Default. If it doesn’t work and you have a gaming headset with an integrated microphone, go with that option (recommended).
5. Your job is complete when you hear the audio trigger BEEP in your headphones.
Another thing to remember:
6. Check that the Output Volume Slider is not set to zero, and if it is, adjust it to the right as desired.
If you can hear your own voice, everything is OK and the issue has been addressed.
7. Select your preferred voice channel and verify that you can hear other users. When you make a sound, the green circle will glow/blink. Check to see if the Can’t hear folks on Discord issue has gone away.
Pro Tip: You may add colorful messages to Discord by understanding how to format text in Discord.
3. Manually choose playback and recording devices
Often, the best answer is the most straightforward.
It’s not out of the question that:
Discord will always have the issue of being unable to hear anybody. It may also happen if you use Windows’ default settings.
You won’t be able to hear anything from your pals if the Output is sent to the incorrect speaker or headset.
What is the solution?
Make that your audio device, as well as your default communication device, are both set to default.
Your inquiry might be something like this:
How do I make Windows 10’s default communication device?
Here’s how to make Windows 10’s default communication device:
1. Select Playback Devices from the context menu of the speaker icon in the taskbar.
2. Next, choose the Playback tab. Right-click on the device you want to use. Then choose Set as Default Device from the drop-down menu.
3. When it is chosen as a default device, a green color tick appears next to its icon.
4. Select OK after clicking Apply.
Once your device has been set as the default device and communication device, you should be able to use Discord voice chat.
Many folks have issues with the discord overlay not appearing. You may simply repair it by following the steps outlined in our separate article.
4. Make use of the Discord Audio Subsystem’s Legacy feature.
The majority of Discord PS4 users were able to resolve this problem by just enabling the Use Legacy Audio Subsystem option. You will never say again, “I can’t hear anybody on Discord,” if you follow this step.
It’s possible that your hardware isn’t compatible with Discord’s newest audio subsystem. This problem may be simply resolved by turning on the heritage Audio Subsystem.
Here’s how to get started using Legacy Audio Subsystem:
1. Log in to Discord.
2. On the right side of your avatar, click User Settings.
3. Click Audio & Video.
4. Use Legacy Audio Subsystem is an option at the bottom of the page.
5. Select Use Legacy Audio Subsystem from the drop-down menu.
6. In the dialog box that appears, click Okay to confirm.
7. Press the Esc key to exit the settings.
5. In Discord, change the Advanced settings.
Inside the Voice & Video settings, you can find a section named Advanced at the bottom there you will find a drawer style menu named Audio Subsystem. Simply set it to Standard.
Then, after asking for your permission, Discord will resume.
The advanced section’s function Quality Service may occasionally cause problems with ISPs and routers/modems. It’s safer to turn off the Ensure Quality of Service High Packet Priority option.
6. Reset all of your settings
Discord often releases updates, which take a few minutes to download and install. You may not realize it, but your Discord may have been updated, and this issue is the result of a bug or problem introduced with the latest updates.
Discord typically provides a fresh patch shortly after in these situations. As a result, refreshing the discords will cause the upgrade to occur, resolving the problem.
The Discord program may be simply closed and restarted, or it can be refreshed by using CTRL + R.
This step also helps in the resolution of the discord search problem.
The issues you’ve had may be the source of any faults in the Discord client. But don’t be concerned.
The Easiest Solution for you is as follows:
Discord also has a web version. You may utilize it without any problems. Simply go to discordapp.com in your web browser. And you’ll be ready to join your pals in voice chat on Discord.
Check out our unique lesson on how to utilize Discord more effectively.
Question: How can I solve the fact that I can’t hear people on Discord?
Answer: There are a few things you can do if you can’t hear people on Discord:
- The Legacy Audio Subsystem is being used.
- Other voice-deafening apps should be restricted.
- Make sure your Voice Input/Output settings are correct.
- All Discord settings should be refreshed.
- Make use of Discord’s advanced settings.
- Discord should be updated.
Question: On Discord, how can I unmute a friend?
Answer: To unmute someone in Discord, follow these steps:
- Open the Discord app on your phone.
- Make a call to a friend.
- The mic button is located on the left side of your Friends Username.
- If it’s turned off, just click on it once to fix your issue.
Can’t hear people on Discord is a frequent problem, but it’s not that tough to fix.
Feel fortunate because:
You won’t have to deal with Discord volume too low or Discord no audio problems again if you solve them once.
Please let us know which step worked best for you in the comments area.
Discord is one of the more popular gaming communities out there. It’s free, always up to date, and has some great features. Unfortunately, there are some dark secrets lurking in the shadows. Discord features a massive library of emoticons, but there are some who say the service gets rid of some of the more obscure ones. These people say that Discord has been systematically removing some of its more niche emoticons from the library. Many of the removed emoticons were widely used by gamers who use Discord. ** Post 3: *[Not Working] Improving Gameplay With the New Stat System **. Read more about friends can’t hear me on discord and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why cant I hear people in Discord?
Discord is a voice chat service. If you are unable to hear people in the voice chat, it could be due to your microphone not being able to pick up their voices.
How do I fix the audio on Discord?
You can use the following steps to fix the audio on Discord:
1. Open up your settings and go to Audio Output.
2. Change it from Stereo Mix to Headphones or Speaker.
3. Close out of settings and restart Discord
Tech expert fresh from the Australian Coast. Been in the tech industry more than 9 years, as part of a Business Growth Group. His out of office days are 100% for freestyle surfing and waves chasing.