Making art out of your favorite game characters is a creative way to express yourself. No matter the medium, it’s always an individualized expression that can be made into any form you want. No matter if you’re interested in making digital art with Photoshop or traditional paintings, there are plenty of different methods for artists to make their own work inspired by video games and other forms of pop culture. This article will help give you a couple of ideas on how to create artwork from your favorite game characters!
Pixel art is the use of little blocks of color called pixels, to form images. Pixel art can range from simplistic to complex, depending on your skill level. The most basic type of pixel art is 8-bit, which is old-fashioned videogame graphics with a limited number of colors available. This type often looks like it came straight out of an NES, N64, or Atari game.
Why would you want to make pixel art?
There are many reasons why one might choose to make pixel art. No matter what type, they can express themselves in a way that they never could before. For example, they might want to closely imitate their favorite game for a nostalgic feeling. They may also enjoy the challenge of making something look good with so few colors and blocks.
No matter if you’re into digital illustrations or traditional painting, there are tons of different ways to make your favorite video game characters into art! Digital Illustration is about drawing or painting on the computer monitor instead of paper. It’s like creating art in Photoshop but it’s done on the monitor (or tablet).
How do you make pixel art?
The simplest way to make pixel art is by using a paint program like Paint, GIMP or Photoshop. You don’t need any experience with digital painting, just use the drawing tools to create your own masterpiece! For a more advanced project, try drawing a character from a video game and then taking it into Photoshop. The basic idea is to trace over your ink lines and fill in the colors with pixels. This can be done by hand or with a tablet if you have one.
It’s possible to use other art supplies as well for this type of project. If you’re into traditional paintings, try using watercolors to makes something that looks like an old Atari game! Experiment with different types of materials and techniques for
Examples of popular video game characters as pixel art
- Mario from the Super Mario Bros franchise was first seen as a pixelated sprite in 1985. His design has been mostly unchanged since then, so it’s a perfect candidate for pixel art.
- Link from The Legend of Zelda series has a distinctive character design. His brown hat and green tunic have been iconic since his debut in 1986.
- Cordelia from Fire Emblem is known for being both kind and clever. Her design was first seen in 1992 when she debuted in the original game in the series.
- Amy Rose is Sonic’s self-proclaimed girlfriend who debuted alongside Sonic R in 1993. Amy is most often depicted with her trademark red bow and personable attitude
Perler beads patterns video games
Perler beads, also known as Hama beads, are plastic beads that can be used to create patterns or art with them. Perler beads patterns are a way to make video game characters out of beads.
Here’s how to do it:
– Put your perler beads in a container.
– Melt your perler bead with the iron.
– Pick up a set of perler beads and put them on top of the ones already melted.
– Move them around until they’re where you want them to be.
– Put them under the iron again to fix their position.
– Repeat steps 2 through 5 until your pattern is done.
It might take a lot of time, but it’s definitely worth the final result!
No doubt about it, making art out of your favorite game characters can be both challenging and rewarding. There are many different ways to make pixel art or Perler bead art- the only choice is what you want it to look like!
Resources for more information on the topic