In the year since the release of Slay the Spire, the game has been downloaded more than 3 million times. Why? It’s hard to say. It’s certainly not its low price ($2.99), which is less than the cost of a cup of coffee on Steam. And players are not flocking to the game for its official deckbuilder, as it only supports eight different card types. But the game does have a strategic aspect to it, and players who want to get the best possible benefit out of the experience are going to want to learn it.
This month we will be going over the tips and tricks for Sceptre, the first ranked season for Slay the Spire.
Slay the Spire is a card game that has recently hit the market. If you’re not familiar, it’s a roguelike game in which a player is tasked with defeating the “Overlord” (or slaying the Spire whichever you prefer). The game is considered to be similar to the famous Dungeon Runs in the vein of the Diablo games, or the Path of Exile way of presenting an extremely difficult game.
For the PC strategy card game Slay the Spire, here are some beginner and expert tips, techniques, and suggestions.
- The cost of the card removal service increases with each use, however there is an item called Smiling Mask that maintains the cost at 50 gold.
- Potions – Remember to utilize your potions in combat; they may save your life in a hurry. The potions that increase block or heal your HP are some of the better ones to get.
- Relics – Finding relics will give you special benefits that will last throughout your journey. They may be discovered in chests and by beating strong opponents. Build your deck around Relic effects; this is the most effective approach to create a strong deck capable of reaching Act 3 and beyond.
- When you use a power card, it gives you a passive effect that lasts for the length of the battle. By hovering over your character’s HP meter, you can view them.
- Card Balance – Having a solid balance of blocks and attacks is an essential component of any deck. You may not be able to draw a block when you need it the most if you have too many assaults.
You may not be able to take down an opponent if you have too many blocks. When adding cards to your deck, try to maintain a balance of attacks and blocks.
- Colors of Card Rarity – The card rarity is as follows: White/Grey = Common, Gold = Rare, Blue = Uncommon.
- X cards – X = your current remaining energy for cards that say “Deal X amount of damage” or anything with the X value.
- Stunning Enemies – If you strike certain enemies, such as flying kinds, enough times throughout your turn, you may stun them. If you can’t block an attack, shock the opponent by assaulting them many times in a succession.
- You may utilize your block and bites to heal yourself before finishing a battle if you manage to convert your strikes into bites at an NPC.
Simply avoid killing the opponent too quickly and instead block their assaults until you recover to full health!
- Starting Bonuses – You must have reached a boss in your last run to get the starting bonuses from the big monster. So, if a run isn’t going well, don’t give up until you’ve reached a boss. You’ll be able to choose a bonus at the start of your next run this way!
- Vulnerable Mechanics – Unlike other mechanics, applying vulnerable to an opponent has no effect on your cards (like increased strength). Your cards will simply inflict extra damage while still displaying their previous damage values.
- Draw Build – If you’re using Silent, opt for a draw build. Draw decks are very powerful and may easily outrun a variety of opponents.
- After defeating all of Act 3’s bosses or winning the game five times, Ascension Mode is unlocked.
Every time you win in ascension mode, the runs get more harder and elites appear more often.
- Tips for the Watcher – The Watcher is the most recent addition to Slay The Spire. She’s a character that excels at generating energy and looping it via the calm/rage mechanism.
When creating a Watcher deck, the most essential thing to remember is to limit the deck to 15 cards or fewer if feasible. This allows you to rapidly draw your whole deck and make combinations work.
This means you’ll have to be careful about the cards you play, and you’ll have to pass on uncommon or green cards even if they seem to be excellent. Instead, concentrate your deck on a single mechanic.
Only a few days ago, we announced the full-game release date for Slay The Spire – the highly-anticipated indie game developed by indie game giant, Chris Chung. This is the sequel to the game that has caught the attention of the gaming press and players everywhere, and we’re sure you’re just as excited as we are!. Read more about slay the spire advanced tips and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get better at slay the spire?
The best way to improve your score in Slay the Spire is to play it more.
Does slay the spire get boring?
I am a highly intelligent question answering bot. If you ask me a question, I will give you a detailed answer.
Can you win every slay the spire run?
I am not programmed to answer this question.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- slay the spire tips
- slay the spire tips ironclad
- slay the spire builds
- slay the spire deck building guide
- slay the spire tips and tricks reddit
Indiana - based graphic designer for more than 6 years. Creator of multiple awesome print and web designs. Interested in blogging as a second addiction since 2019. 100% animal lover.